How to make a Sandals Resorts Holiday Punch
December 20, 2012 - Sandals Resorts - Jamaica
'Tis the season to bring out the holiday cheer and at Sandals Resorts we are doing just that! We consider the holiday season the most festive time of year where friends and families come together to enjoy endless celebrations, gatherings, and feasts. What makes this time of year most special are the traditions that we share. Some are shared around the world, while others vary by the culture.
At Sandals Resorts, you know the holiday season has begun when everyone begins to sip on what is known as Sorrel, an integral part of the Caribbean holiday celebration. This drink is traditionally served during the holidays and is a favorite for many. It has a sweet aroma, an alluring red coloring, a sweet yet tart flavoring and is absolutely delicious! It is paired perfectly with any holiday brunch, lunch or dinner, and leaves everyone at the table pleasantly surprised.
As a gift to you all, we are sharing this special recipe for you to serve during your holiday celebration this year. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this tasty recipe.
Sandals Resorts Holiday Sorrel Punch Recipe
Makes 2 Quarts
- 1 pound sorrel flowers (can be found at your local specialty Caribbean market)
- ¼ cup peeled & roughly chopped ginger
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar
- Rum (optional)
- Rinse the sorrel flowers thoroughly under cold water and place in a large heat-proof container.
- Add the ginger to the pot.
- In a separate pot, bring the water to a boil, and then pour over the sorrel. Steep for about 4 hours.
- Strain the liquid into a pitcher and sweeten with the sugar (you may need more or less sugar, depending on your preference).
- If desired, spike with rum and serve over ice.