Sandals and Beaches Win Big at World Travel Awards
September 18, 2012 - Sandals Resorts - CEO
Ball gowns and bow ties dazzled the terrace of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa on September 14, 2012, as leading travel brands from across the Caribbean and America, gathered for the annual World Travel Awards’ Caribbean and Americas Gala. This year’s red-carpet ceremony, dedicated to honoring the very best in travel and known as the “Oscars of the Travel Industry," was quite a feat for Sandals Resorts International, taking home an impressive 12 awards—the most awards ever won by the resort company in one year.
In addition to winning a record-breaking number of awards, Sandals Resorts International once again received the distinguished title of Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Branch for the 19th year in a row. The Caribbean resort company’s top honors included:
- Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand: Sandals Resorts International (19th year ina row)
- Caribbean's Leading All-Suite Hotel: Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Caribbean's Leading Family All-Inclusive: Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa (2nd year in a row)
- Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Resort: Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa (3rd year in a row)
- Caribbean's Leading Luxury All-Inclusive Resort: Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas (2nd year in a row)
- Caribbean's Leading Resort: Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
- Antigua & Barbuda's Leading Resort: Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa (2nd consecutive year, 3rd time overall)
- Bahamas' Leading Spa Resort: Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island (2nd consecutive year, 4th time overall)
- Jamaica's Leading Resort: Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa (3rd time)
- St Lucia's Leading Resort: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort (3rd year in a row)
- St Lucia's Leading Spa Resort: Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa (4th time)
- Turks & Caicos' Leading Resort: Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa (4th time)
Capping the impressive showing, the World Travel Awards further honored Sandals Resorts when it presented Adam Stewart, CEO of Sandals Resorts International, with the organization’s Rising Star Award. Recognizing individuals who are making a difference at a young age in the tourism industry, the Rising Star award is a true testament to Stewart’s many accomplishments.
These awards stand as a true testament to the continued evolution of the brand and its resorts. Joined by VIPs, senior tourism officials and international media from more than 30 nations, Sandals executives were not only honored to be recognized among the “Cream of the Caribbean,” but pleased to share their wonderful resort for a true taste of the Luxury Included® Vacation experience.
To see photos from the exciting night of awards, entertainment and paparazzi, check out the World Travel Awards photo album on Sandals Resort’s Facebook page.