After selecting a wedding date, it’s time to start planning all the details — from your wedding website and invitations to the bridal party and wedding registry!
Not sure where to get started or what the proper etiquette is when it comes to destination wedding gifts? Here are some tips to keep in mind.
Traditionally, guests expect the bride and groom to include a gift registry. In fact, many guests look forward to browsing the couple’s wish list, so they can find a perfect, meaningful gift to give! It’s also a great opportunity for those who cannot attend to send something and show their love for the newlyweds.
If you’re planning to feature a wedding registry or honeymoon contribution section on your wedding website, it’s common courtesy to include a note that gifts and cash are not necessary, but very much appreciated. Those who are attending already understand the costs involved in a destination wedding, so you want to make sure they know their presence is valued above all else. Even if gifts are optional, be prepared to receive them from those who insist or may not be able to attend and would like to celebrate the occasion from afar.
When it comes to the items listed on your registry, we recommend offering a range of price points. This will give your guests plenty of options to choose from, at costs that align with their personal budgets!
When brainstorming ideas for your gift registry, aim to choose gifts that align with your lifestyle. For example, couples that are new homeowners may find traditional household items like glassware sets or bathroom towels make the most sense. For those who love to travel, essentials such as a luggage set or passport holders are great options. Plus, they’ll come in handy sooner rather than later — you are planning a destination wedding after all!
● Honeymoon Contribution: In lieu of a check or cash gift, your friends and family can make a contribution to your registry for your honeymoon! This option is a great way to help offset costs, experience exciting add-ons, and upgrade to the Sandals suite of your dreams!
● Couples Massage at the Red Lane® Spa: Unwind together with an array of soothing add-on treatments designed for relaxation and rejuvenation.
● Private Candlelight Dinner: Nothing says romance like a candlelit dinner for two. Whether it’s on the beach and under the stars or in an oceanfront cabana at sunset, there’s no better way to enjoy one-on-one time and Sandals’ 5-Star Global Gourmet™.
Pictured: Inspired by the beautiful backdrops of the Caribbean, the Tropical Paradise Couples Massage takes place in the heart of nature. Whether you prefer an oceanfront set up on the beach or the privacy of a tropical garden cabana, your Red Lane® Spa therapist can customize your couples’ massage for the ultimate relaxation experience.
● Island Routes Adventure Tours: Whether you want to jet set around Jamaica in your own MINI Cooper or set sail along the azure waters of The Bahamas on a catamaran cruise, the options to explore your Sandals honeymoon destination are endless!
● Sandals Foundation Donation: Prefer to skip the gifts and give back to a good cause? The Sandals Foundation supports Caribbean communities through initiatives centered around education, community, and the environment.
A perk of having a Sandals destination wedding is that you’re already in paradise, which makes planning a destination honeymoon a breeze! With 16 Luxury Included® Sandals Resorts to choose from, you can select one resort or island hop on your honeymoon for added fun! Plus, couples that honeymoon within 30 days of their wedding date, can enjoy a Sandals Free Honeymoon Package, complete with exciting, complimentary inclusions!
The free Sandals Gift Registry features:
● Wedding Website
● Wedding Blog
● Email Save-the-Dates
● Online Photo Album
● RSVP Tool
● Ability to register for unique Sandals add-ons that will make your honeymoon the trip of a lifetime!
Pictured: Among Sandals' hottest honeymoon destinations: Sandals Royal Curaçao! Rich in history and overflowing with the vibrant beauty of the Caribbean, Curaçao brings new meaning to the phrase, “on island time.” This Sandals resort spans 44 acres and features Sandals' first two-level infinity pool and eight new restaurant concepts.
When it comes to wedding gifts, guests always appreciate a little direction. Presenting a categorized wish list can ensure your guests buy items that you truly need and avoid purchasing duplicates. To keep your guests in the know about your registry, you can include the link on the invitations and wedding website for easy access.
As for the registry’s wording, we recommend keeping it simple, genuine, and grateful, using wording that suggests “optional” gift giving and zero obligations. This will eliminate any feelings of stress or awkwardness for those traveling to attend your destination wedding who may not have the means to spend extra on your registry.
Pictured: Nothing compares to having your destination wedding guests celebrate the day of, so be sure to make them feel appreciated! Whether you’re thanking them in person for attending or for purchasing a generous gift, a few thoughtful words will mean the world to them.
Interested in creating a Sandals Resorts gift registry? Visit https://www.sandals.com/wedding-registry/ to learn more!