Additional protocol and guaranteed cleanliness standards to ensure heightened health and safety measures for guests seeking peace of mind in the Caribbean.
Cleanliness and safety have always been priority #1:
For nearly 40 years, Sandals has adhered to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety protocol. Our resorts have always been scrupulously cleaned and sanitized every hour of every day. But now more than ever, our existing industry-leading practices are being enhanced to include several pre-emptive cleanliness measures, guaranteeing guests the peace of mind to enjoy their vacation with the utmost confidence.
We’re Prudent About Prevention
Prevention is the key to safeguarding the health of our employees and guests. We long ago developed a sophisticated approach to preventing the spread of illnesses at our resorts under the guidance of medical professionals, the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and the local Ministries of Health in each country we call home. We have dedicated Quality Inspection Teams and environmental health and safety managers at all of our resorts to make sure every procedure is in place to protect every guest and team member. That even extends to our supply chain. Our resorts have always been equipped with full-service medical stations staffed daily with a registered nurse and 24/7 on-call medical personnel, but we’ve upgraded these facilities to include the appropriate equipment and supplies needed to address new protocol.
Exclusive Private Airport lounges
As part of the five-star luxury experience, Sandals guests are never left to fend for themselves in crowded airports. Every guest is given access to the private lounge reserved for Sandals and Beaches guests only. Upon entering, guests will be given a dollop of hand sanitizer, complimentary mask and gloves and a cool drink in luxurious surroundings.
- The Sandals Lounge will be cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes throughout the daily operation
- All Team Members will wear a mask while on duty, including drivers
- Additional sanitizing stations for guests and Team Members will be installed in the lounge
- In addition to wearing masks, taggers handling bags must also wear gloves and wash hands regularly
- All Luggage Porters are to wear mask and gloves
- All hard surfaces will be sanitized every hour throughout the daily operation
- Restrooms and food areas inside the lounge will be cleaned around the clock, every hour on the hour
Sandals only uses private transfers for all guests. We have reduced the number of guests transported in every type of vehicle to ensure proper social distancing. In addition, every driver will be wearing a mask and gloves and will be provided with sanitizer for use by each guest. Vehicles will also be re-sanitized after every trip.
Our Eighteen Touch Point Practice
We have undertaken a thorough research assessment of all points of guest contact throughout our resorts and this has enabled us to focus on integrated advanced hygiene practices at over eighteen key touch points including:
This all-encompassing approach starts from the moment guests arrive, through to the entire on resort experience up until our farewell.
suites cleaning touch points
Adherence to a triple check cleaning system:
Bathroom cleaning touch points
Adherence to a triple check cleaning system:
New Ways We’re Safeguarding Your Stay
Our new Platinum Protocol of Cleanliness encompasses added health and wellbeing requirements across all points of contact at every resort, including common areas, all restaurants and kitchens, bars, guest rooms, activities, fitness centers, spas, and includes all behind-the-scenes operations. We’re leaving no stone unturned as we prepare to welcome guests back to the beauty and warmth of the Caribbean in a friendly, clean and, most importantly, safe environment.
Precautionary Temperature Check At Check-In:
Guests’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival to the resort as a precautionary measure. Temperatures exceeding 99.5F/37.5C will be considered out of range. Additional temperature checks may be done at the guest’s request or advice of the nurse on duty for the duration of stay.
New At-Home To In-Room Check-In
Guests can now check-in online, letting them skip the front desk and go directly to their room. As always, a refreshing welcome cocktail and personal anti-bacterial hand towel will be waiting for them, and now they’ll have individual in-room hand sanitizers, too.
New Certified Sandals Sanitized Guest Rooms
Sandals is introducing even more robust housekeeping measures to ensure a hospital-grade, sanitized environment according to the strictest protocol. All linens will be cleaned every day, and all mattresses and pillows will have protectors that will be disinfected daily. After every room is thoroughly cleaned, the door will be locked, and a seal will be placed between the door and the casing to certify that no one else has entered until the guests arrive. Accompanying bellman and/or butler will respray and disinfect both the inside and outside of door handle with disinfectant upon leaving the room.
- The introduction of additional hospital-grade disinfectants including: Virocid, Virkon, Lysol, Microquat, and Peroxide Multi-purpose. (May vary per island)
- Electrical aerosol sprayers for advanced cleaning
- The use of UV-LED black lighting equipment to inspect cleanliness
- Air duct sanitization in guest rooms upon every arrival and departure
- Steam-cleaning and sanitization of carpeting weekly
- Rooms’ wares (coffee cups, spoons, decanters) to be washed and sanitized in the main kitchen
- Housekeeping team will be equipped with PPE– disposable gloves, reusable mask, disposable protective aprons
- Housekeepers will consistently maintain all equipment care Standard Operating Procedures clean and sanitize all equipment (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, cart) with the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent
- Placement of anti-bacterial gels and soaps in each guest room
- Adherence to a Triple-Check Cleaning System
A Triple-Check System for Cleaning and Sanitization
While we’ve always paid attention to the details, now each and every area of our resorts will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on an ongoing basis with a minimum of three inspections daily. All public restrooms will be cleaned, sanitized and inspected on the half hour. And all restaurants will have a host providing hand sanitizer to guests before entering.
- All kitchens, bars, and restaurant dining rooms are continuously cleaned and sanitized
- All swimming pools and hot tubs are tested and treated and will adhere to triple-check protocol
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided for guests and team members throughout the resorts
- All restaurant hosts will provide hand sanitizer to guests before entering
- All items that come in physical contact with guests or staff, including room cards, are sanitized before distribution
Physical Distancing Practices
Sandals has always been about romance, and that means our guests have the space to feel like it’s just the two of them, alone together. Many of our restaurants are open-air and bring in fresh breezes from the ocean. And now we’re introducing new ways to encourage our guests to maintain safe social distancing while still providing a relaxing resort experience. This includes:
- Extended check-in times between guests
- Safe distance table setups in our restaurants, bars, and on our beaches
- A nod and a smile will replace handshakes
- Only one couple at a time will be permitted in each elevator, with staff members taking alternate routes
- All Team Members will wear gloves and protective face masks
- All bottles, bar equipment, beer taps and soda dispensers will be sanitized
- Doors to remain open to allow for maximum air flow
- All bar stools to be six feet apart and grouped in twos
- Bar stools and countertops will be sanitized on the half hour, around the clock
- All bar glassware to be washed in dishwashers only
- Ensure disposable cups are available at all bars
- Floors will be disinfected throughout the day
- Porters/cocktail servers will wash hands after picking up glasses, etc.
- All Team Members will wear face masks and gloves.
- All food preparation and storage surfaces will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- All serving line plates, cups, cutlery, napkins and trays will be removed when not in use
- Dish wash machines to wash at 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit and RINSE at 180 degrees Fahrenheit or more and will include a mandatory pre-rinse step
- All landline telephones will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- All Action Stations on buffet lines will have sneezer guards
- All Team Members will wear protective masks and gloves
- All frequently used machines, such as coffee, popcorn, ice cream, cookie jars, etc., will be cleaned and sanitized according to triple-check protocols.
- Restaurant host will provide sanitizer at the entrance to all restaurants and require guests usage
- Menus will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest/table use
- All tables and chairs and service stations will be cleaned with a detergent solution and sanitizer after every use
- Social distancing practices will be adhered to and monitored in all dining outlets
- Glassware will be removed from soda machines and placed behind bars
- All landline telephones will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- All condiment bottles and salt and pepper shakers will be cleaned and sanitized after every individual use
- Buffets will no longer offer self-service and instead will be served by an attentive staff member
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to assigning for the shift
- Overnight servers will wear gloves to collect the door hanger menus, copy them onto an order pad and discard the door hanger menus
- Employees assigned to individual stations will sanitize their stations and all equipment at least once per hour and at each change of shift
- All doors, handles and high contact surfaces will be sanitized at least once per hour
- Servers will wear disposable gloves to collect trays, discarding the gloves immediately after the tray and all its contents have been delivered to the dishwashing area
- Food trays will be set outside room entrance for delivery and guest notified
Aqua Centers, Dive Boats & Snorkel Boats
- Countertops, pens, clipboards, picnic benches to be sanitized after each use
- Weight belts, regulators and dive masks to be left in sanitization bucket onboard after use
- All masks to be placed in sanitization solution and liquid detergent and visible to guest
- All Team Members will wear masks/face shields and sanitize hands while interacting with each guest
- Dive pool deck will be sanitized daily
- Doors will remain open for airflow
- All tanks, seats and vessel bathrooms will be sanitized before and between trips
- Wetsuits, fins and jackets will be taken back to the dive shop by guests and placed in sanitization solution
- Tanks will be set up 6 feet apart on dive boats
- Boat manifest to be adjusted to limit occupants and accommodate the six ft. rule in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Water quality tests to be conducted for all pools, Jacuzzi®, hot and cold tubs, in accordance with a triple-check system, every hour throughout the day
- Pool chairs will be sanitized every morning before use, and again after guest changeovers, and will be separated according to physical distancing guidelines at six feet apart or greater
- Pool cartridge filters, backwash sand filters and strainers to be cleaned and disinfected with the addition of Chlorine solution via the access trap
- Pool floats and any pool activity equipment will be disinfected daily
- Pool decks will be sanitized daily
- Pool and Jacuzzi® chlorine readings will be recorded every two hours and not drop below three parts per million (ppm)
- Beach chairs to be sanitized every morning before use, and again after guest changeovers and will be separated at six feet apart or greater
All Land Sports (including golf)
- All team members facilitating activities will be required to wear protective gear including mask and gloves.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be maintained and guided by floor markers
- Golf carts will be disinfected before and after each round
- Hand sanitizer will be made available and encouraged before participating in activities
- Equipment will be arranged in accordance to social distancing practices
- All equipment, surfaces and furniture will be cleaned and sanitized after use in three-hour intervals
Red Lane® Spa and Fitness Centers
- Guests’ temperatures will be checked prior to treatment as a precautionary measure
- Washing and rinsing of glasses and utensils will be done in a professional grade dishwasher
- All team members and therapists will wear masks and gloves when carrying out most spa treatments
- Proper cleaning and sanitization of treatment rooms, bathrooms and reception waiting areas will be conducted throughout the day
- Therapists will frequently wash hands with soap and water, and sanitize between clients and prior to resuming treatment
- Spa linens will be stored and transported in sealed bags/containers to enable minimal handling by Team Members
- Massage tables, headrests and other wellness apparatuses will be thoroughly sanitized after use between clients
- Hand sanitation stations will be available at the entrance to the spa and fitness centers
- All equipment, surfaces and furniture should be cleaned and sanitized after use and every three hours.
- A distance of 6 ft. will be maintained at all times and guided by floor markers
- All door handles and frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and sanitized every three hours
- Air conditioner units and filters will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
Safety That Spans to Every Staff Member
We’re setting an even higher baseline for good health with new requirements for all staff members.
- Knowing where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are located
- Wearing protective face gear and gloves at all times
- Not wearing their uniforms while traveling to and from work
- Having their temperature checked before beginning any shift
- To ensure all team members stay healthy both in and outside the workplace, they will be provided with ongoing specialized training on prevention and sanitation practices at home
Even our vendors, suppliers, and partners will be held to the new Platinum Protocol of Cleanliness by:
- Restricting delivery windows and limiting physical contact
- Sanitizing all touch points, including equipment, storage spaces, and access areas
- Removing all outer packaging upon delivery to eliminate any contaminants
Sandals has heightened our already exceptional health and safety measures to give brides and grooms peace of mind when they choose to get married at Sandals.
Cleanliness and safety have always been priority #1:
It's the day you’ve dreamt about for your entire life, and Sandals is taking every step to make sure it’s one free of worries and filled with love. Whether you choose a Free* Tropical Wedding or a Sandals Customizable Wedding, our Platinum Protocol of Cleanliness are in place so you can focus on what’s most important: each other.
Here are the steps we’re taking to help you have the wedding of your dreams:
REDUCED VENUE CAPACITY
Sandals offers more choices in wedding venues, most taking advantage of fresh air and wide-open spaces: Beneath a gazebo in a lush tropical garden, on the beach with the turquoise sea as your backdrop, or even floating above the sea in an open-air, over-the-water chapel. And we’ve reduced the capacity of all our venues, indoors and out, putting more physical distance between your wedding guests. Your guests will still have a picture-perfect view of your ceremony, but they’ll be seated further apart for everyone’s health and safety.
TABLE SEATING & FOOD SERVICE
Sandals is reducing the seating capacity at your reception. Rather than tables set for 8 people, we’ll have the same sized tables but only seat six guests per table. We’re also eliminating buffets and specialty food stations to reduce the risk of cross contamination from guests. Plated dinner and all hors d'oeuvres will be served by Sandals staff. And all staff will be wearing face masks and gloves for your protection and theirs.
SHARE YOUR SPECIAL DAY VIRTUALLY
You can still share your wedding with the ones you love most, no matter where they may be, because for a limited time, Sandals is offering complimentary single-camera live stream service for your wedding ceremony.
PERSONAL USE MAKEUP KITS
To help you look your best on your special day, personal use makeup kits are available for all brides and their bridal parties who choose Red Lane® Spa to help them get a picture-perfect look. This ensures there’s no cross-contamination during your professional makeup application at the Red Lane® Salon. Plus, these makeup kits are yours to keep, and can be taken home.
Note about our Resort Exchange Program: Our resorts are located in various Caribbean jurisdictions, some of which have responded to the global pandemic (COVID-19) by promulgating local restrictions on visitors or resorts. Sandals cannot guarantee that guests will be permitted to visit a different resort during their stay. The resort exchange program is (a) contingent on, and subject to, all applicable government restrictions, including those that limit guests’ ability to travel between properties or affect our resorts’ ability to safely transfer guests between properties or be open and operational; and (b) void where prohibited or in Sandals’ judgment rendered impractical due to local restrictions or the pandemic.